Vegas Baby!

For a while, I had been wanting to head out to Las Vegas. I never really had a good reason to spend the money, though. That was until last February. Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures announced on his Twitter that he was going to help host a charity bingo tournament for the NSPCA. I had my excuse. After all...it was for Zak, I mean charity. ;) So on Friday, February 24, my friend Rachael and I flew out to Vegas. The bingo tournament was not until Saturday morning so we just walked around Vegas Friday. We joked that it felt like it was the longest day ever (in a good way). With going into dimly lit buildings and back out into the daylight, we just completely lost track of time. We went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum where I got to pose for a pic or two with Justin Timberlake. (Aw, my teenage dream come true.) We went to Rainforest Cafe that night. There was a long line to get in, which had Rachael starting to rethink our dining decision. Then I remembered I had the Landry's Select Club card which bumps you in line. I said, "Wait here." I went up to the guy taking names and said, "Does this card help with anything?" He looked at the card, asked how many in the party, and, when I said two, said, "Follow me." I motioned to Rachael to follow. When we were immediately seated, she had this awestruck look and was like, "What just happened? I feel like a rock star." Then I introduced her to the Cheetah Rita. YUM! After dinner and drinks, I talked Rachael into walking back to the Venetian, where we were staying. About halfway there, she was ready to kill me. She kept trying to convince me to get a cab and I kept telling her we were almost there. She roughed it out and laughed about it later. I just couldn't imagine not walking the strip.
Saturday found us heading straight to the Silverton for the bingo tournament. I saw Zak and Aaron across the room. I didn't know Aaron was going to be there so that was a nice surprise. I walked up to Aaron, who in true Aaron fashion gave me a hug, and then said hi to Zak. Aaron and I chatted for a minute and he told me that Billy was going to be spinning at the Foundation Room in Mandalay Bay that night. I went back to my seat where Rachael was staring at me in amazement. She said, "You are the bravest person I know. You just walked right up to them like it was nothing at all." The bingo tournament was so much fun. I was one away from bingo a couple of times. There was a funny moment where one of the actors from the Bee Gees show won a ticket package to his own show. And I met an adorable dog named Austin. I wanted to take Austin home. Saturday night we went to the Foundation Room. It is on the 48th Floor. I have never seen a city view like that before. It was fantastic. We got to watch Billy spin and we talked with Aaron for a while.
We had to fly back home Sunday. I do want to go back. I didn't gamble very much and I kind of want to. The little I did gamble was fun, though. I ended up breaking even or coming out a little bit ahead.



Comments